This is pretty exciting. I just got nominated for my first blog award. I’m pleased that it’s the “Terrific Writer Award” 🙂 Thank you zainabjavid! You can visit her blog and read her post here. It looks like I’m supposed to share seven things about myself and then nominate five blogs? That’s how I’m interpreting this, anyway. So here are seven facts about me:
1. My first journal was in Spanish (I was in a Spanish Immersion program at school, from Kindergarten through sixth grade).
2. I graduated a semester early from high school, then spent the second semester with a family in Iquique, Chile as an AFS exchange student.
3. I love pickles and black licorice (but not together).
4. My desk is always a mess.
5. I really love art supplies. I like looking at new paints and fresh colors and ink pens and boxes of things with tubes inside all lined up and interesting materials to draw on. And also beautiful sketchbooks and paper with patterns or textures. Yes.
6. I’m embarrassed that I kind of like scratch-off lotto tickets. I’ve decided I’m allowed to buy one a month. I also love horse races (two dollar bets), though I don’t get to go often.
7. I miss the dog I had growing up. His name was Hobbes and he was a black hound dog with soulful brown eyes who could never get enough pets.
I’m pretty overwhelmed by this choosing nominations task. I’m new to the blogging world. But here are the five blogs I’ve nominated. All great writers, I think. And all very different.
I enjoy this one. She’s a poet and also writes essays about her toddler daughter.
Just an awesome blog. She has a one-year-old son, cooks amazing food, and lives in Portland, Maine.
Thoughtful writing. She has two young daughters, plus a baby boy with down syndrome.
Very centering. Found this when it was featured on Freshly Pressed, and he had a great post about sketching guinea pigs.
Funny. He’s a math teacher. He’s also a father.
If you’ve been nominated, link back to this post, share seven things about yourself, and choose your own nominees for this blog award.