I am honored to have been nominated for the Liebster award by the awesome K, Twin Mom over at TwinMomLife. Thank you K! This award is designed as a way to discover new blogs, so hopefully you’ll find some here to follow. (Also, if you’d like to know the origins of this award you can click here.)
Upon accepting the Liebster Award, here are the rules as I’ve received them:
*Link back the blogger that tagged you
*Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
*Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
*Let your nominees know of their award
Here are my answers to the ten questions:
1. In which country/state do you live? What is one positive and one negative about your state?
I live in Brooklyn, New York. I’ve lived here since the year 2000, but crazily we are now moving to Pittsburgh. My favorite thing about New York is definitely the wonderful people I know here. Amazing, generous, interesting friends. One negative…well, expensive, and no space. (Okay that’s two.)
2. What brought you to the blogging world? Has your blogging changed course at any point in time?
Being home alone with babies brought me to blogging. Also wanting to motivate myself to draw and write regularly. I couldn’t really predict what the blog would become, but it turns out I really love blogging. The blog has changed as I learn more about the form, and the blog world.
3. What is your favorite baby and/or pregnancy and/or comfort item?
My favorite pregnancy item wasn’t really an item, it was Netflix. I was on bed rest, and Netflix kept me sane. Watched all of Battlestar Galactica… My favorite baby item keeps changing as the babies grow and change their interests! My babies currently have comfort items, though–they each have a little rabbit lovey that they sleep and nap with.
4. What was the highlight of your 2013?
The babies being born. Not the birth itself, but their arrival in the world!
5. What is your big goal for 2014?
Keep up this blog. Find a new job I love.
6. You’re stuck in major traffic. What are you listening to for stress relief?
Hm. Something I can sing along to. Maybe Prince, or Cole Porter, Frank Sinatra or Joan Jett, or any number of things.
7. What’s your idea of a great date night?
Dinner at a nice restaurant (local, sustainable, cozy atmosphere). A glass of wine, maybe thin crust pizza, and something satisfying to split for dessert! And if we’re really dreaming, dinner and a movie.
8. Is your blog anonymous or do you tell your friends & family in the real world about it?
I’ve told people. Keeps me honest!
9. Who is your hero?
I don’t know about heroes, but right now Jane Goodall, Rachel Carson and EO Wilson are coming to mind. Smart champions of the environment, close observers, great writers, conscientious folks.
10. What’s a topic you’ve been wanting to write about but just haven’t had the time, or weren’t sure how to write it or if it was “appropriate”?
Well, something I think about but wouldn’t blog about are body issues. Breastfeeding, how my body has changed post-pregnancy, things like that. I don’t feel comfortable sharing all with the Internet.
Whew. Okay, now the nominations.
Here are the ten blogs I enjoy following:
Postcards Without Stamps – Beautiful photos. She has a toddler son. Thoughts on life–inspires me to de-clutter.
Marissabergen602 – Rock and roll supermom. Funny. She lives in LA, from NY originally. I just really like this blog.
Wise and Bold Little Souls – Boy and girl twin mom living in Geelong, Australia. I find this blog inspiring (besides being jealous of the weather).
A Game of Diapers – All sorts of posts on all topics mom-related. She has a three year old, twin one year olds, and dogs.
Put the Kettle On – Olivia FitzGerald’s blog. Advice and funny anecdotes on motherhood and raising twins.
Baby Duck Monologues – Funny and entertaining, usually pictures of the baby ducks (toddler twin boys) with captions.
Living in the Deep End – Often laugh-out-loud funny. Will make you stop trying to be perfect and just feel good about life.
Pittsburgh Rules – A very honest mom in Pittsburgh. I’ve been enjoying this blog since we’re moving!
Journey to the Finish Line – She is a Speech-Language Pathologist and just started blogging about language-related games to play with your baby. Fun!
The Monster in Your Closet – Has a young son, very thoughtful and seasoned blogger.
Okayest Mom – I enjoyed some recent guest blog posts she had about premature infants, twins, and interracial adoptions.
Picture This Book – Every post is about a fun children’s book. I like the recommendations.
Enjoy! Happy blog-discovering!
And finally, here are my ten questions for the nominees:
1. What is something you saw today that was beautiful?
2. What is one good thing that happened to you in the last 24 hours (could be as small as talking to someone you like on the phone).
3. What is a food that reminds you of your childhood?
4. What do you see out your window?
5. What has surprised you most about blogging?
6. What was one embarrassing mom-moment you had this year?
7. Any book you’d like to recommend?
8. What’s one thing you like to do to relax?
9. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
10. What is your favorite place in the city or town where you live?
Thanks for reading. And yay blogging 🙂