We’ve mostly unpacked all the boxes at this point after our move from Brooklyn to Pittsburgh, but a few things have just gone missing. Here’s a list of them, in no particular order:
1. The vacuum cleaner head and post. Now you can only use the vacuum if you want to bend down and suction one thing at a time right into the hose. Having a filthy house is really helping me get my head in order.
2. My breast pump kit. I had two. I just have no idea…
3. All my earrings. Except for one very fancy pair of studs I kept in my jewelry box. And one pair that was mysteriously in with the office supplies.
4. A mixing bowl.
5. The broom.
6. The mop. I think there’s a conspiracy. Yes, that’s why the house is so gross.
7. A few nuts and bolts.
8. My friends.
9. A Space Monkey. No wait, there are just two and they both made it.
10. My car. Wait, what?
11. My head.
That about covers it. But all is not lost. Tomorrow I will make a trip to Target and solve at least half these problems.
8 thoughts on “Things I Lost in the Move”
They’ve probably gone to the same place as the many missing socks we lose in the wash…the black hole of all things domestic.
I know. I’m hoping the wash won’t be such a black hole now that we have a washing machine in the house? Maybe that’s wishful thinking.
I wish I had an excuse for the end result you note in #6. Lo, we have been here ten months and . . . this. I’m just hoping we can get it in order in the next, oh, 2-3 weeks! I do not anticipate coming out on top. :p
It’s a constant battle!
LOL–some of those things I think I lost just from having twins! Happy shopping…any excuse to go to Target is a good one!
Target is excellent. You can really get lost in there. I ended up buying a metal cake plate and cover which was definitely not on the list but is making me very happy 🙂
Oh moving house can be such a pain. I can’t believe how cool and calm you’ve been through it all, especially with the space monkeys in tow 🙂
I don’t know about cool and calm! Trying.